Re: [RC] Horse ID program - Truman Prevatt

The upside in the SE is if you register you can get an Equine Passport
(15 bucks for the first horse and 5 for all the others) that extends a
health certificate for up to six months (depending on the date on the
Coggins). It qualifies as health papers for about 10 states and really
makes traveling with your horses significantly easier. It is the size of
a credit card and has all the information on the card including pictures
of your horse.

Truman

Sisu West Ranch wrote:
I just received my newsletter from the Montana Farm Bureau Federation. The livestock ID program is continuing to set up. The Farm Bureau wholeheartedly supports the program, because they are dedicated to helping livestock producers keep our animals healthy and marketable.

At the present time, here in MT they are registering the premises. I filled out the simple form and emailed it back, so I guess the government will be able to find me and my horses. I don't see this as an invasion of privacy as they already know where I am (US mail, IRS, Social Security, Drivers License, auto registration, trailer registration, voter registration, and CCW) Since I often get interstate horse health papers etc., the government also knows my vet and that I have horses that travel.

Disclaimer:

--

“You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace
unless he has his freedom.” Malcolm X