[RC] what do riders eat at rides - Alice Yovich

I'm getting in on this discussion a bit late, but I wanted to comment on how
many drinks, including some of the cranberry juices and the power bars have
corn syrup in them. For some people this can leave your blood sugar really
out of whack. I'm one of those people and I'm forever looking for products
with no corn syrup or modified food starch. I do have a corn allergy, but I
also know that these ingredients just aren't processed well by the body.

I usually carry a camel back and some sort of meal replacement bar, peanuts,
cheese crackers, etc. I always eat breakfast and then lunch and I'm usually
not hungry as long as I'm moving,b ut when I stop at a hold or a P&R I get
really hungry.  I put Dynamite elixir in my water and it helps a lot with
the feeling about being lightheaded or that headachy feeling that you
sometimes get.

One of my favorite things to drink is chocolate milk or chocolate soy milk
in the containers that don't have to be refrigerated. I get them cold over
night and then keep them in my camelback where they are usually good until I
need them. There are some new yogurt smoothies p rocessed the same way now,
but I can't drink them b/c of the darn corn starch...nothing like having an
asthma attack while you're riding from eating something you're allergic to.

Alice Yovich
Licensed Massage Therapist
www.equithreads.com
Reg. 4, Texas