[RC] returning a horse to Canada - Marlene Moss

Hello,

I have a horse whose owner lives in Canada and the horse will be going back home later this month.  I need to arrange for whatever paperwork he needs to cross the border.  I contacted my vet yesterday and they put a call into our state vet board but haven’t gotten a reply.  I need to be able to take care of everything on my end because the owner will be traveling between now and then (Wayne Delbeke, he’s going to Grand Canyon).

So can anyone tell me what paperwork is needed from the vet?  Also, I have a brand inspection in my name right now, although the registration is still in the owners name.  I’m sure I’ll need to arrange traveling papers just for going between Colorado and Canada, but will he need anything else for coming back into Canada?  I’ve already done his Coggins.

Any advice is appreciated – I certainly don’t want him stuck not being able to get the horse across the border for something silly!

Marlene

Marlene Moss

Saddle Fitting - www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com

Boarding/Training - www.LosPinos-CO.com