Re: [RC] Need suggestions on resources - Kathleen

"Making Natural Hoofcare Work for You" by Pete Ramey.  You simply can't go wrong with this book.  Jaime Jackson's book is supposed to be the next best, but I haven't bought it because I haven't had to do anything that Pete hasn't covered!

Kathleen
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 2:12 PM
Subject: [RC] Need suggestions on resources

Running a rescue and owning 9 horses of my own, the costs associated with trimming are astronomical.  So, we have been successfully trimming and have had no issues, including on the distance horses.

We are now ready to move beyond general trimming, into shoeing for abscess treatment if needed, and perhaps shoeing the distance horses if needed.

I would like to know what books you recommend as high quality reference material if you are doing your own hoofcare.  I have a strong science/medical background and do the majority of our non-urgent vet care but do not want a highly technical reference.

Thanks SO MUCH!!!

Karen Everhart MEd.
President- Rainbow Meadows Equine Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
email: President@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com

Owner/Operator Horse Calls LLC
Training, Centered Riding Lessons
CTR and Endurance Conditioning and Training
email: HorseCalls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.horsecalls.com

620-725-3402
316-648-5082