RE: [RC] Need suggestions on resources - Karen Standefer

www.hopeforsoundness.com  Couple of good videos here as well as a good deal of printed information.

And for “how to shoe”, “The Principles of Horseshoeing II” by Doug Butler.  But, I prefer to use the principles of Natural Balance for trimming and setting the shoe.

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karen Everhart
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 11:13 AM
To: horsesctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; AERC
Subject: [RC] Need suggestions on resources

Running a rescue and owning 9 horses of my own, the costs associated with trimming are astronomical.  So, we have been successfully trimming and have had no issues, including on the distance horses.

We are now ready to move beyond general trimming, into shoeing for abscess treatment if needed, and perhaps shoeing the distance horses if needed.

I would like to know what books you recommend as high quality reference material if you are doing your own hoofcare.  I have a strong science/medical background and do the majority of our non-urgent vet care but do not want a highly technical reference.

Thanks SO MUCH!!!

Karen Everhart MEd.
President- Rainbow Meadows Equine Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
email: President@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com

Owner/Operator Horse Calls LLC
Training, Centered Riding Lessons
CTR and Endurance Conditioning and Training
email: HorseCalls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.horsecalls.com

620-725-3402
316-648-5082