Re: [RC] Painting Ponies! - Sky Ranch

This brings to my mind a wonderful memory of my childhood.  My cousin and I were riding our two gray (pretty white actually, since both were older guys) QH geldings one day, and we found a big mud puddle, with lots of mud.

I have no idea why we thought of it, but we both were riding bareback, and got off at the mud puddle.  We decided we wanted our horses to look like Indian ponies, and make handprints (of mud) all over our very patient horses.  We led them back to the house, and showed my grandmother.  She couldn't believe it -- we were covered in mud, the horses had hand prints all over them.  We were quite a sight, I'm sure, but we sure had a lot of fun!

Carla Richardson
Colorado