RE: [RC] What do riders eat during a ride - Dana B.

Kristen A Fisher <kskf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A few weeks ago I noticed that Power Bar was making a gel electrolyte for
people

I've used Power Gel and it's good, but I've found something that I prefer to the gels anymore.  Jelly Belly makes "Sport Beans" which are similar in content to Gu and Gatorade etc. but go down really well.  To me, they are a bit tart which is refreshing, and since they are in small packets they are very easy to carry.

I used them in training for and completing my first marathon last weekend.  I've found that I can chew on them when nothing else sounds good.  For me, they pack the energy punch of Gu without the mess.

I also love animal cookies while I'm running (great carb content, dissolve easily), but I'm afraid they would be reduced to crumbs in my pommel pack :-)

Dana Baldwin

ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx