[RC] What do riders eat during a ride - Jonni

If I don't eat "something" about every 4 hours, I become a very unhappy rider. And some rides, I will NOT see a vet check in less than that. Also, long training rides... That is why the Cliff Bar stays in the saddle pack, and is replaced when consumed. They stick good, give my stomach something to chew on, and will keep me happy until I get to "real" food. I also have found that the Succeed electrolyte tablets DO help me in the hot weather. I take one when I head out, and then another ever 2-3 hours. My heat headaches have greatly reduced. I carry 4 water bottles, and drink one per hour minimum.

Find what works for YOU, and keeps you going and feeling good, so you can take good care of your horse. Oh, and if what is in your saddle pack is not looking good, just like the horses like the neighbor horses mash, ask the other riders what they have along and work a trade.

Jonni