Re: [RC] What do riders eat during a ride - Maryanne Gabbani

No long endurance rides here but I sometimes am out for 4 or 5 hours with clients. I find no one really wants to eat anything too heavy and I bring along fresh crisp dates in season (okay, so in Egypt we get them off the tree and they are crunchy, sweet/tart and full of water) or dry dates otherwise. Dates are FULL of natural electrolytes and have great instant energy. DON'T use the squishy ones that most places sell. Those were what I used to think of as "dates" until I moved here. The dry ones are indestructible and don't get messy, chew like jerky and are amazingly satisfying.? That's one things the Arabs really got right.

I suppose that if you couldn't find dates something like date filled crunchy cookies might work. Don't? know because we don't have any here. LOL

Maryanne
date season in Giza