[RC] Aging by horse's teeth and EPM - Equus Wolf

Hi everyone,
When I first started riding my TB mare 6yrs ago, she
was aged around 16-17, and just a few months ago was
aged at around 13.  Go figure.  I had her tattoo
checked out after the first aging, and found that her
date of birth was 1987, so she is turning 19 this
year.  One of the things people look at is also the
staining on teeth - however, sweet feed in a very
short time with make the teeth look very yucky!  My
mare had beautiful almost white teeth until this past
year.  She has been on sweet feed at her new stable
since last November, and her teeth are now horribly
stained(not to mention she gets edgy on it)  I think I
will be switching her back to
pellets.

EPM - someone asked about right hind soreness.  I
helped a vet every few weeks when she came to the farm
I worked at (stabled 16-22horses) in NC some a few
years ago and every horse that was diagnosed with EPM
had right hind soreness, among other things, but the
right hind soreness definitely seemed to be a
similarity.

Quick question - has anyone ever heard of Lysine given
for horses reading for a type of equine herpes, that
shows soreness in the left hind? (reading meaning
shows accupuncture points as sore)

Thanks!  Happy riding everyone!  I took my newest
horse off farm for trail riding at Clemson University
forest this past sunday and had a great ride despite
the weather.  We did LSD, and had a great time.  That
paint mare has been a blessing for me.  I can't
believe how addictive this type of riding is!  And
I've been around hunter/dressage for 20yrs.  Soon we
will be going on our first hunter pace (6-10miles at a
"safe" hunting pace) I can't wait.

Jennifer

http://mail.yahoo.com