[RC] Update for PS 100 mile program 2006-2007 - kimfuess

Hi,
   Just wanted to give some updated information for the PS 100 mile program.

First of all, I hope everyone will support Trailrite's new 100 mile ride Git er Done in November.  There will be updated information on the 100 mile website in October and ride entries are available on the AERC website.  The PS zone (International) will be sponsoring a team award at this ride as well as the other PS 100 mile rides in 2007.  I would like to thank the PS zone committee for promoting the 100 mile distance in our region.

The 2006 PS 100 mile awards will be awarded at the Warner Springs ride in January.  If you are receiving an award and do not plan to attend that ride arrangements will be made to get your award to you at another ride.  I will notify award winners after December 1

A big thank you to Jackie Floyd and Angie McGee for their sponsorship of the 100 mile program.  If you haven't won their books in the 100 mile award program, they are available for purchase.

We are happy to announce a new 100 mile award for those horses enrolled in the PS program.  This is the PS Triple Crown 100 award.  An embroidered cooler will be given to the horses completing three designated 100 mile rides in one season.  The three designated 100 mile rides will change each year and will only include 100s in the Pacific Southwest Region and the West region.  For the 2007 ride season, the Triple Crown 100s will be the 20 Mule Team 100 February 3, The Main Divide 100  March 31, and the Californios 100 June 3.  These are all PS 100 mile rides that are spaced close to 8 weeks apart.  With Tevis at the end of July this year, the Triple Crown competition will not interfere with any riders planning on entering the Tevis Cup.  More information will be added to the website in October.

The PS zone will be sponsoring team awards for the 100 mile distance at PS rides.  Team rules and sponsored rides will be on the 100 mile website in October.  If you are interested in the team competition be sure to check the website for the team qualifications and rules as they may be different from other team competition held in the past.

There is another new PS 100 mile ride on the AERC calendar.  Kat Swigert is managing the Main Divide 100 which is being held in Orange County.  This will be an easy drive for most of the PS riders.....yeah! a close 100 mile ride.  Kat is committed to holding this ride even if only one rider is entered.  March is the start of rainy season in So Cal, but this course is mostly DG and is rideable in wet weather.  The Main Divide is part of the 2007 Triple Crown series.

Updated horse information and award winners will be updated on the website in October.  If you haven't sent me your updates please do so by Oct 1.

And finally, Congratulations to all PS Tevis riders!  Our region had a huge contingency support the Tevis this year.  Congratulations to all that made it to the starting line!

If you haven't joined the 100 mile program and are a member of the West or PS region, registration forms are available on the website  www.100mileriders.com

Kim Fuess
Alison Farina