Re: [RC] Some tough questions for those that sell the Boots.. - Karen Sullivan

----- Original Message -----
From: kimfuess

Why would a gaited breed require a different type of shoeing or trimming?  Wouldn't a balanced, level, trim and good shoeing that is balanced and keeps the toes short be optimum for any horse?  I am just interested in horses going down the trail not about special shoeing for the show ring or shoeing that would exagerate a certain gait.
*Hi Kim, I agree with this totally!!! Or, from the other perspective...if you have to deviate from a good, balanced trim to get a certain gait; that has just got to negatively impact on joints; tendons and ligaments and long-term soundness of the horse down the road....

Karen