[RC] [RC] Oleanders ... I almost forgot! - sherman

I first learned about oleanders being toxic about 12 years when I heard a news report about two little girls in Texas (I think) that had died before paramedics could get to their house after they made “tea” with oleander leaves and drank it. I would guess that leaves in the dogs water could be a killer as well.

Kathy

Jackie wrote:

Interesting note that his dog is in a pen next to the Oleanders with a kiddie wading pool for water and after pulling out the Oleanders the dog started throwing up. Of course, after having done all their reading, they realized it could be from the dirty water that had leaves in it that might be doing it. The dog seems fine now. Probably wasn't even the Oleanders, but it really got their attention.