[RC] Total Hip Replacements - Diane

I have had two of them.  One for each leg.  The first was in 1998 and the second one this past April.  I also had the avascular necrosis.  I am riding again now, perhaps a little early.  Never had any problems with either of them.  It's nice to be pain free.  The pain from no joint is pretty bad at times.  If you have been riding all along, like me, I started again in 5 mos.   I knew I could, but just took it easy.  I would just have it done.  You'll be glad.  Make sure you do your exercises.  Actually, I was reading on a site somewhere that riding is therapeutic for a hip replacement.  So, good luck.  The second one was a different part and it seemed to heal a little faster.  The doctor said it would.
Diane
MI