Re: [RC] club foot vs hi/low syndrome, grazer toe - DESERTRYDR1

Truman, Having seen lots of Arabs with clubby/high-low feet, I'd have to say that the problem is multi factorial.  I have a purebred Shagya filly, now 2 yrs old, who broke her neck as a foal.  Her neck is shortened by at least a couple inches.  She grazes with the right front WAY back by her hind feet, looks like a tripod.  After two years the difference in heel height between the two fronts is minimal.  On the other hand, I have an Anglo-Shagya colt, 5 months old, who has developed a high/low syndrome already, not quite a club foot on the right, but definitely more upright.  In his case, I saw a little off-ness about the time I started noticing his problem.  He also grazes with the RF back.  He has LONG pasterns, even longer than his Mom, who has absolutely even feet, my farrier once told me she had the most perfectly matched set of feet he'd ever seen.  But then HER mother has bilateral upright fronts and shorter pasterns.  The farm the original mare came from has bred Arabians for over thirty years, and about 90% of their horses have either high/low or an outright club foot.  From several different bloodlines.  I think it's nutrition at a crucial juncture.  jeri