[RC] McClellan Saddles - Suzanne Ticer

My husband, my daughter and I only ride McClellan saddles. We are luck enough to live fairly close to a saddle tree manufacturer and we have the trees custom build for our horses.  The last tree we had made only cost $185.00.  Then we buy a side of leather and my husband adds what little leather that is needed to complete the saddle.  He even has enough leather to build a matching combination halter/bridle and reins.  Total saddle and tack for under $500 and it fits the horse, no endless searching for the perfect saddle.  They are great for the horses. We use Equipedic blankets with the McClellan, a combination of new and old technology and we have never had any problems with our horse's backs.

I love my saddle, less than a western saddle but more than an english saddle, plus lots of d rings and places to tie stuff to the saddle.  It is a little hard on the but at first but if you are an endurance rider your butt gets hard eventually anyway!!

Suzy Ticer
Johnson City, Texas