[RC] The year behind us, thank you - Antuzzi, Char

I wanted to take a moment and thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the encouragement, support and friendship you all have given me along the trail this year. It has been a tuff road, abdominal surgery in the early year that wasn't planned, weeks of recovering from that, losing my loved one whom I rode Tevis last year in his honor to cancer, bouts with personal injury, etc. This year I learned a lot, a ton! Most of you know that Gali choked at Tevis, scared me to death. Yet he came back and we finished a very tuff Virginia City 100 last weekend. Along that dark night I thought about our year, how Gali has really come along way, all the friends I've met and how many ride stories I've heard. Thank you for being there for us.

No matter what, we bicker about barefoot vs shod, hot vs cold shoes, pads or not, to wrap legs or not, treeless or tree, Arab or non, we bicker. BUT when it comes down to the end of the trail, we are all here for one reason. To go the distance with our horses. To see trails, to log miles, to meet new friends, to get away from hectic lives we all live. To camp with our horses and to see the world through the set of our horses ears, feeling their manes in our freezing fingers at 2am on a 100 mile ride in the early morning hours, or getting a top 10, coming in dead last on your very first limited distance or getting year end awards, getting pats on the back for a job well done, or a hug when a horse chokes. This sport is full of friends.

If if weren't for our horses, the vets that vet the rides, the managers that year after year put on the rides, the mentors that take on the new riders, the debates, ride camp, our friends, family and crew that don't even ride, yet are there for us to enjoy this sport, we wouldn't be out there on the trails.  THANK YOU. At the end of the year you can look at how many miles you've rode or rides that maybe you've not finished. But remember, its just another day on the back of your horse, surrounded by all that makes up endurance and the sport it is.

Our summer is coming to a end, another year is almost over. Points will be changing, some will see their names on the list of points, some will fall off. Its just another season. Hug your horse, thank your crew and remember the miles, friends and encouragement you've all received along the way. I know I sure will. Thank you again for being there for us!

Char and Sir Galahad.. enjoying a rest after his 100 mile ride...