RE: [RC] White Spots on Arab Chestnut Yearling - Nat Nelson

>>I have been doing a little research and found he is also eligible for Sabino Arab and Pinto papers. Are the additional papers worth it? I know the general endurance community could probably care less about color but do the other registries have endurance programs? Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.>>

The Pinto Horse Association (PtHA) has an excellent program for endurance and competitive trail program. They also have a recreational riding program.

Here are the PtHA rules for earning points in Endurance:

R4. Endurance Riding
A. General Regulations and Requirements
1. All Endurance Rides accepted for points must be conducted
under the rules of the American Endurance Ride
Conference (AERC) or other responsible association
charged with the supervision and conduct of such
competitions.
2. For PtHA points to be earned by registered Pintos, a
minimum ride shall be 25 miles with no minimum time
limit. Vet requirements to be in accordance with the rules
of the ride. Pintos must pass all check points satisfactorily.
Drugs or inhumane equipment prohibited. Horses must be
at least four years old for 50 mile rides and at least five
years old for 100 mile rides.
B. Points
1. Points for Endurance Rides shall be computed on the
following basis:
a. Completion ? Four (4) points, when within
maximum time limit.
b. Time ? Two (2) points for every 10 horses, or
major portion thereof, finished faster than. (Count
even non-finishing entries.) 134
c. Placing ? Same as the regular ROM point scale.
d. Condition ? Six (6) points for best conditioned of
all horses; Five (5) points for top five (5) best
conditioned.
e. Bonus
(1) Three (3) points for best time registered Pinto, if
given.
(2) Three (3) points for best condition registered
Pinto.
2. Double Score ? double the total of (a) thru (e) above if
ride is 100 miles or more in two days.
3. Triple Score ? triple the total of (a) thru (e) above if ride is
100 miles or more in one day.
C. Distance
1. A Certificate of Special Recognition will be issued to a
Pinto for every 250 miles of competition completed
according to PtHA records.

Here are the rules for earning points in competitive trail:

R1. Competitive Riding
A. General Regulations and Requirements
1. All Competitive Rides accepted for points must be
conducted under the rules of the North American Trail
Ride Conference (NATRC) or other responsible association
charged with the supervision and conduct of such
competitions.
2. For PtHA points to be earned by registered Pintos, a
minimum ride shall be 25 miles with no minimum time
limit.
a. Vet requirements to be in accordance with the rules
of the ride.
b. Pintos must pass all check points satisfactorily.
c. Drugs or inhumane equipment prohibited.
d. Pintos must be at least four years old for 50 mile
rides and at least five years old for 100 mile rides.
B. Points
1. Points for Competitive Rides shall be computed on the
following basis:
a. Completion ? Four (4) points, when within
maximum time limit.
b. Placing ? Same as the regular ROM point scale.
c. Finishing ? Two (2) points for every 10 horses, or
major portion thereof, finished faster than. (Count
even non-finishing entries.)
d. Bonus
(1) Two (2) points ? Sweepstake.
(2) Two (2) points ? High scoring registered Pinto.
(3) Two (2) points ? Score of 88 or more, per
NATRC.
(4) Double score for a 2-day ride.

For more information you can go to the PtHA web site at www.pinto.org
Hope that helps :)