Re: [RC] Club foot - inside/outside the hoof - Angie Fura

Agreed - I had radiographs done.   The vet "measured" the bones and marked the distances on the radiograph.  His recommendation was to shoe him with Banana shoes which his colleague could do for me at a cost of $400 per shoeing.   Luckily, a good friend of mine encouraged me to get a second opinion with her farrier before I made the investment.

When I shared the radiographs with the farrier, his perception of the distances between the bones was different.  His advice was that my horse's front feet would never match; nor should they.  If he is shod according to his anatomy, he should be fine.  And he has been ever since.

A competent farrier is worth his/her weight in gold!

Bruce Weary DC <bweary@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My vet tells me that the club foot diagnosis isn't made from the
outward appearance of the hoof, but rather the bony alignment of the
foot and pastern on x-ray.

Angie Fura
Trace Tribute 30/50
www.tracetribute.com