[RC] [RC] my mare will only urinate in her pen at rides...Help - sherman

Jen, for months of long training rides & a couple of 50s my daughter’s mare wouldn’t pee until after we got home, sometimes this was 12 hours,  and even then she had to be turned out into her pasture so she could go under “her tree”. We tried keeping her tied to the trailer for hours, keeping her in the barn, etc. Nothing worked, UNTIL, on one ride a couple riders stopped to pee (the riders, not their horses). She watched them, & decided she had to go too. She been going on the trail ever since and even participates in group pee sessions now. If you don’t use the trail for relieving yourself yet, you might want to give that a try (:>)

My new gelding will only go if let him find a soft spot…he’ll look around, wiggle, like a kid who has to go really bad, but he won’t go until I let him lead me to where he thinks its best. When he starts wondering off trail, I know he’s gotta go.

Good luck,

Kathy