RE: [RC] Update on stumbling horse - EPM - Lani M Olson

Carla, along with what Heidi said, I had a QH years ago that would go to his knees at a walk (thankfully never at a run, as he loved to lope along!). The third time it happened the vet xrayed him and found a "mouse", a floating bone chip in his knee. When it got between the joint bones occasionally it caused him to go down, which made the chip move again and he'd be okay. Just more thoughts. And my mare I hoped to do endurance with had one 30-miler and it became obvious she had a stifle problem, which will be corrected this fall, but the vet says only for pleasure riding. So I sympathize with how hard it is to give up the dream with your chosen friend. I'm fortunate enough to have another I hope to do some rides with next year.
Lani