Re: [RC] Rescues - was Slaughter/Breeding, a subject JT is ticked off has run too long :) - Tiffany D'Virgilio

No kidding this has run on too long and I never would have jumped in until this case was discussed on RC. To me it actually says alot about breeding and rescues.

Did Heidi know she was a responsible breeder who would absolutely care for her own? Yes.

Was the rescue's experience with breeders the same? Absolutely no.

There are always two sides to every story, which was my point in the first place. Until Heidi, breeders (most were show breeders) only dumped horses. Of course the AHRN were concerned and wanted to be sure of what the facts were before releasing a crippled colt back to a breeder.

My mares? One dumped by her breeder, one dumped one lease away from her breeder, both papered, both lovely mares just thrown away. The two mares I fostered? When their adopter finally returned from abroad she took them to an A-Teke breeder and is breeding endurance horses from a mare that broke my friend's leg and tried to kill me numerous times. That mare was crazy and abused and is now making little endurance horses. Great.

The AHRN's experience with breeders was such that trying to get the horse out, transported and safe was the paramount thing. when all the facts came to light, Heidi got him back. If you all knew the hell that many of the AHRN's horses and their experience with breeders you would understand the concern they had. I was on the property the whole time that went down, and concern for the horse came first- obviously for both sides who couldn't see the other's perspective at first.

Sounds familiar, huh?

Tiffany