[RC] Epona Shoes - Lucinda Carpe

I do not want to stir a hornets nest with a shoes vs barefoot controversy.
I am having some barefoot problems with my horse...Basically an incompetent "natural trimmer" got her hands on my horse (my fault).. Now I am trying to restore his soundness.
In the event that proper trimming over a few cycles fails...can anyone address the benefits or downside of synthetic shoes? I would be most interested in the Epona brand and have read their site...would like to have input from individuals currently using them for trail or pleasure. I primarily ride dressage with a couple of good long trail rides a week to relax us both. My horse is an Arabian and is 8 yo.
Never been shod and never been really off until now. He is clean legged and his digital x-rays were inconclusive and the finger pointed at the bad trims he had been receiving for 4 months. with the end result being a lameness 1/5 on the left fore.
He was properly trimmed this past Friday and I had him out for a test ride. He was ok but stepping carefully on hard ground. I stayed in the soft shoulders of the dirt roads as much as possible. Advice on the Eponas please.E-mail privately if you like.
Please let us not fight regarding shoes vs barefoot. I only care about my horse and want him sound again!

Lucinda

<\___~
  //   \\