[RC] trailers-springs vs. torsion - Dawn Simas

I know that people say that the newer torsion axles are the better way to go.  But, I'm shopping for a used trailer and have run across a 2000 Morgan Built that seems to fit the bill except that it has the normal leaf spring suspension.  Has anyone ridden in them to compare?  Just how much better are the torsion axles?  Heck, my horse did fine in endurance riding in the old leaf suspension trailers in the 80's and doing 50 miles...and he was tied to the side of my trailer all night no less...  But now that there's something better...  Input?

Ms. Dawn Simas
Director - Wild About Cats
Wild Feline Conservation, Education, and Rescue