Re: [RC] Foresthill/ Michigan Bluff area fire - long description - Chris Paus

When I lived in northern Wisconsin, forest fires were a constant threat and frightening. That's one good thing about living on the prairie I guess....we don't have that to contend with. But a good grass fire can spread darn quickly too.

chris

Lucy Chaplin Trumbull <elsietee@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm about 12 miles south-east of the area, but have a good
view over the top of the ridges of the smoke - esp. as it's
blowing away from me right now. I was just outside watching
a fire-bomber dropping retardant with the binoculars.

We watched this fire start late on Tuesday and hoped that
it would be a quick one, but alas not.

Chris Paus