Re: [RC] [RC] OT Horse Slaughter- mixing issues/ ready for an easy 50? - Chris Paus

If he's been under saddle since December and is doing well with it, I'd say go for it.

chris

sherman <sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Okay, okay?back to endurance issues. A question for those who have started mature horses in endurance: would it be reasonable to expect a recently put under saddle (started in December) 8 yr old, pasture raised his entire life, currently able to do tough 17-20 mile rides in the canyons, ridden 3-4 times a week, usually 2 or 3 10 mile rides & one longer, to be able to do a slow, relatively (compared to the hills we climb now) easy 50 in early November?

Kathy

Juli wrote:
why do we always have to benefit at the expense of the other living things and the environment?

Chris Paus