Re: [RC] Hopefully not too off topic. endurance riders in other sports? - Stacy Sadar

What's even more fun is when all those QH people come up to you and say, "You ridin' that horse with no bit or tie down?  "How you gonna turn him let alone stop?"

LOL...that's what happens to me when I take my pure Polish Arab barrel racing!  He kind of stands out being light grey (white) with no fancy western tack.  But hay! He sure looks pretty doing pole bending and he will NEVER touch that barrel....big scary barrel!  Worst part is when all these people come up to you afterwards saying, "WOW...your Arab is fast, but he don't look like he's going fast!"  AND you just beat your QH friend!  It wasn't a very fun ride home.

Stacy

Julienne <jsrha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So after the Fireworks ride Isabella seemed a little fried (and tweaked her back a little) so I'm taking the rest of the season off to give us both a mental break from conditioning all the time and to try some new things.

We are participating cow clinic at the end of this month with Art Grunig and we're going to a schooling show in October.

The cow clinic should be fun.. me and my little 1/2 arab and cushy sheepskin endurance saddle next to all those beefy QHs and 50 lb saddles! *grin*  I've been reassured that my tack is fine..  :)

But..  I have no real horse show tack at all! Any other endurance riders dabble in other disciplines?  What sort of modifications to your gear do you make to enter halter / showmanship / trail classes?  Cover for your Tipperary helmet?  Wear the light coolmax nylon breeches instead of the dark with neon pink striping?  I suppose I should take off my saddle pack and scoop.

It's a small little schooling show so I'm not concerned about dressing to the nines, but I also don't want to stick out *too* much like a sore thumb.. :)  Oh yeah, what the heck is Simple Simon Reining?

Julienne