From: Chris Paus
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] help with trail shy gelding

Agree and agree.

I've had my 19YO horse for 10 years. He was a major spooker than and he still is now. After years of riding like this, I can tell you, it is so nice to ride my mare or other gelding who are not by nature spookers. The older I get, the more important it is to be able to just get on a horse and ride down the trail with no issues.

chris

Barbara McCrary <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  My observations:  1) Sometimes it is not possible to take the spook out of an individual horse...they're hard-wired that way. 2) A confident rider has better luck than a timid or fearful one.

Chris Paus