Re: [RC] trail shy gelding - Chris Paus

There are times when personalities simply don't mesh and it's not the right horse for us. I can't tell you if this is one of those times. Only you can determine that.

To me, having horses and doing this riding we do should be fun. If we are fearful and tense, we're not having fun. It's time to re-evaluate the situation.

chris

Amy Major <mjr_my@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  He is very smart and has a big attitude.  And I think I am struggling for leadership.  He doesn't bolt but will either turn a 180 or backup without care of where his hiney might land him (and me).

I am encouraged to know that others have had this problem.  He is usually rock solid with others (of course) but I can't ride him with others often.  We will keep working on it.  I have had him in my care for almost six months and we started out great and now it seems to have gone bad and I need to fix it.

Thanks again.

Chris Paus