[RC] Horse Abuse - and not - SandyDSA

Just a sidecar here - some of you might be privy to the latest news on the TWH "Celebration" which apparently ended suddenly when 7 of the 10 finalists in the Champ class were disqualified by federal inspectors who showed up at the event and started testing for soring. Kudos for them for doing so - and I thought about the many, many people we have met in endurance who would pull at 47 miles because their horse was a LITTLE not right; the schoolmasters still kept in love by their owners,who then turn their shiny hineys to the junior riders and teach yet another generation; for the sweet mannered stallions, the bossy but tractable mars and the owners of all of these who COULD abuse in this sport but choose NOT to - all of our horses thank you! There but by the grace of God go....US! But we feel so strongly that, with few (and notable exceptions) endurance has done a good job overall of protecting our horses. While there are some who soul have a "shame, shame" printed on their tee shirts, so many people continually demonstrate affection, consideration and partnership with their horses in this sport - we are proud to be a part of it. When I thought of what it would be like to have US feds descend upon an endurance event and find the kind of abuse they found at a HORSE SHOW for God's sake! ---- I think, how low can people sink, to do these things and more to these kindly creatures who in the end have NO defense against abuse.
    Thank you, to our friends in this sport who will never sink to such crimes. God bless you for taking care of our precious friends, the horses. (And to those who DO slap them around just to...win - may someone put a stud chain under YOUR gum and give it a few good yanks someday:)!
San