Re: [RC] Electrolytes - Barbara McCrary

Dolomite should be available at garden and landscaping supply places.  It is also used to mark playing fields and endurance trails.  For horses, it doesn't have to be human food grade.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 2:09 PM
Subject: [RC] Electrolytes

Hello -

I have a recipe for Electrolytes.  Two parts Reg. Salt, Two parts Lite Salt and one part Dolomite.

My problem is I can't find Dolomite....I have been to 4 different stores today and two were health food stores....they looked at me like I was crazy.  I finally found someone that told me  Dolomite was Calcium and Magnesium combined, but they didn't carry it.  I could only find Calcium and Magnesium with Zinc at a grocery store.....

Could someone tell me if the Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc will work?  Or do I need to find just Calcium and Magnesium (Dolomite).

I'm headed to a ride this weekend and don't have time to order Electrolytes from Jeffers/ValleyVet.....I need to mix it.

Thanks!

Carol