Re: [RC] ARABIAN HALTER HORSE ABUSE - Lynne Glazer

Ditto!

and >>Never heard of a horse dying from tieing up or colic after a show.<<

And what mechanism would there be for you to hear about it? There's no reporting to an HWC, or even a "trial by ridecamp" equivalent. I'd be surprised that there aren't more tie-ups with those stall-kept horses, asked for high intensity work for a relatively short period, and fed high quality feedstuffs. And colic doesn't have to happen AT an event to be related to how a horse is fed/treated.

As I wrote to Richard in private, I saw quite a difference between the Calif Arab show scene and that in Arizona, where I photographed the specialty arenas last January and wandered through all the barns doing candids. Very low key in AZ and good sportsmanship displayed.

Sorry, sorry, John. I promise not to post again on this subject. Misinformation about our sport drives me nuts.

Lynne