[RC] Africa - Steph Teeter

So far it's sunny, cheerful and lovely. friendly people, I love being called
'lady' by the porters and staff 'yes lady I will take your luggage' (for a
tip of course). I've only seen the airport and hotel so far, have a wireless
connection at the airport waiting for flight to Namibia, can see rugged
mountains and green hills beyond the tarmac. and sunshine!!! too much rain
in Europe this month, I need to dry out. I've heard nothing but wonderful
things about Namibia so far - and the spring flowers are supposedly in bloom
along the coast, makes me wish I was driving instead of flying. 1000 miles,
but hey - when you live out west, that's nothing. Maybe next time.

I put a gospel channel on in the hotel room this morning while sorting
through my stuff (will leave half of it at the hotel till return to SA) -
wonderful music, black african singers, acapello (sp?), harmony and rhythm.
swaying to the sounds with eyes closed. deep melodic voices.

Justin (friend of Steve Rojek - came to Aachen to crew) told me about a
Cheetah conservation farm in Namibia - maybe I'll have a chance to get over
there. Justin works at a private 'reserve' in Georgia - private foundation
for preserve species from all over the world. They have several cheetahs
there- and work with the Nambia foundation as well. That would be sooooo
cool! we'll see. I know I'm going to cry when I see my first zebra or
giraffe or wildebeast or any native beast in the wild. All of my childhood I
read books about Africa, watched the shows, dreamed the dreams.

plane leaves in a few minutes -  South Africa Airlines with bold
red/green/gold/black/blue colors on the wings and tail.

later!

Steph