Re: [RC] TWH - Truman Prevatt

A long time ago, I learned my lesson. It is far less expensive to accurately determine the saddle fit required for the horse and buy the proper saddle. The practice of buying a cheap saddle, then selling it six months later (for about half what you paid for it) adds up to real money very quickly not to mention the potential cost in trainers and vet bills. While a good quality saddle that fits may be expensive in the long run it usually proves to be a bargain.

And that is true for a TWH, an Arab or the special breed developed by Bo Diddly that boogies on down the trail.

Truman

Laney Humphrey wrote:
You make some very interesting points about saddle fit, Truman. Ones that owners of non-TWHs should also keep in mind! It is so often true that lots of money will get spent on buying and keeping a horse healthy and fit. In my mind, the more that is spent up front - on buying a well put together & sane horse but also on buying tack that really fits - means less will be required later in trainer & vet bills!
Laney

--

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” Steven Weinberg – Nobel Laureate, Physics