[RC] TWH....are then pinfired? - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Hey folks,

 I was home at lunch a bit ago, and I was flipping thru some old TWH magazines that a lady gave Joni to look at and read.  They were the TWHBEA magazine if that tells anyone anything.  But, the horses in the pictures, the ones that were the "big show" horses and being promoted big time with all the pads.....many of them looked like their front legs had been pinfired.  Is that something that is common in that breed?  It was very sad to see these really nice horses all "un-natural" and pushed at such a young age.  And as ALL breed magazines go, the show horses are the prized product.  In the back though, were a few pages showing the common TWH owner and their "flat shod" horses.  These were the real examples of the breed and it's versitility.  They had a paragraph or two and their pictures.  They were doing it all too.  From working cow horse, reining (didn't know they could do that), jumping, trail, parades, barrels, police work, driving....everything.  That is how I like to see them.

Anyway, just wondered about the legs.

Jody (who still thinks that the arab/TWH is the best Arab cross out there)

PS.  And Cash Pony is proof of that !!!