Re: [RC] trotting - Robert R

Thank you to Chris and to everyone who has responded.  I have gotten some great tips.  I am taking lessons since this English saddle is new to me.  My whopping second one is in the morning, I'm just impatient.  He handles posting fine in the arena or round pin.  My problem occurs going down the road when he is gawking around rather than moving forward powerfully.  I think it is probably a practice thing but I'd like to start taking some longer rides and don't want to beat him to death either.

That is very encouraging about the pace.  I am not planning on entering anything until next year and I hope to up that pace significantly between now and then.  I have a severe personality shortcoming in that I will only play if I am playing to win.  Finishing is great, I'm sure.  But not nearly as great as finishing first would be!!  I know.  I'm a bad, bad man.

This email scanned for Viruses and Spam by ZCloud.net using SpamViper