Re: [RC] Saddle Pads - Horse ElinoreL.Tonsor

Title: Re: [RC]   Saddle Pads
Check out the Syn-Felt pads at State Line Tack.  You can get them up to an inch thick.  They are very cheap - $25 - $30.  They wash beautifully.  They wick moisture away.  Come in a variety of thicknesses.  I use the western shaped pad under my Wintec English saddle, as I feel it helps with weight distribution.  They last forever, don't get flat spots from pressure.  I believe they come in cut backs as well, but at that price range,  you can cut it wherever you need to and not feel like you're throwing money down the toilet.

ET

From: matwijiw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 24 Aug 2006 15:43:45 -0700
To: steph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   Saddle Pads

Hi all!
Just curious. What saddle pads do all of you use?
Here is the deal,
My mare is Very high withered, she has a very bony back, swaybacked and she is sucked in a bit behind the shoulders. I have been using a pretty standard cutback pad with no inserts or anything. She doesn't act uncomfortable but I know with the right pad she will be better off. I basically want to reduce pressure on the spine and withers.
This is an investment for me and I want to make sure I get the right one.  I want to try and keep it under $150.00
I keep going back  to look at  Toklat woolback w/ultracell inserts and Equipedic.
Any advice will be well utilized.