Re: [RC] What constitutes a successful ride - Chris Paus

Personally for me, a successful ride is one in which I keep the horse between me and the ground, and finish on time with a healthy horse and I don't feel too bad either!

It helps a bunch to have good trails, especially well marked trails. I love all kinds of terrain and technical trails, but I do get lost easily and love it when you dont' even need to consult your map.

Location within 5 hours driving time is good. I like spring and fall rides the best. I'm so not a hot weather person. I'd rather ride in 40 degree rain than in 90 to 100 temps.

One thing not mentioned here is good parking! there are some rides in which parking a rig is nearly impossible and we are crunched in like sardines. Of course not all ride venues have the luxury of great parking areas, but it sure is a plus!

chris

GoldenCMK@xxxxxxx wrote:
I have been wondering for some time. What do riders and ride managers consider a successful ride? Number of entries? Number of completions? Overall attitude of riders/managers/vets? No horses treated? Location? Difficulty level? Time of year?

Maria