Re: [RC] Tall horses..... oh, and saddle recs..... - Elizabeth Chase

Well, then, perhaps I should invest in that parachute from the door-to-door salesman after all...... my new rescue is 17.2 1/2 hands .........  he was an eventer (no he'll not be doing distances that I can forsee, lol..... my 15 hand Teke cross is for that) ....  his stride at a regular trot is soooooo long.....

I can see, though, teaching him how to bow or use his neck to launch me aboard.  Not looking forward to practicing emergency dismounts from him, but if I get on, I'd best be able to disembark in a heartbeat.  My Teke mare has learned how to yield to me so I can slide over from things like fences and picnic tables (standard mounting block size for the TB, lol).

Oh, and I am 5' 4"....

Then there's the saddle question.....   but before I pester folks, is there a way to search the archives to see what has already been written?  Any experience with the Parelli saddles around here?

Vertical displacement fun,

Liz
Delphi (Aiyupi's half brother)
Cal (new boy in the family)

Minnesota

D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson <liberty4640@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"laughing out loud" Chris that is what two and three step mounting blocks, tree stumps, fence rails, etc.. are for!  Also, when you drop off those 16H horses to the ground...ouch!  I just have to imagine what it looks like when I get off a 15-16H horse - I am only 5'2".  Probably NOT a pretty site.  The reward...they give me a better viewing point that much higher up!  LOL!

D'Arcy Lynne

"A friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart and holds your heart in their hands as if it were glass!"

Do you Yahoo!?