Re: [RC] [RC] Tall horses..... oh, and saddle recs..... - Dawn Carrie

On 8/22/06, Elizabeth Chase <elizabethchase1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I can see, though, teaching him how to bow or use his neck to launch me aboard.  Not looking forward to practicing emergency dismounts from him, but if I get on, I'd best be able to disembark in a heartbeat.  My Teke mare has learned how to yield to me so I can slide over from things like fences and picnic tables (standard mounting block size for the TB, lol).

My friend with whom I ride every weekend has a 1/2 Arab mare and two TWH.  One of her TWH is huge, and parks out for mounting and dismounting.  One day one of us joked that we should teach my 15.1 1/2h Arab gelding to park out...and that's exactly what we're doing.  <G>  Can't wait to see the looks on people's faces at a ride when I ask Bear to "park out!" and he does, becoming 3 or 4 inches shorter in the process.  <VBG>  Poor Bear, he's not too sure what we want him to do, but he's trying hard, and I think he's starting to get it.  :)

Dawn in East Texas (vertically challenged...)