[RC] Kat/drugs and helpful ideas:-) - Chrystal Woodhouse

So does anyone have any helpful ideas that do not involve drugs in order to help with the aches and pains that pop up when one has an active lifestyle????
I find that water ( lots of it!) does miracles -
Without my massage therapist and chiropractor I don't think I would be walking around- at least not w/out a lot of drugs! I know that for sure because if I get lazy and start missing my monthly massage appt's I pay a heavy price in pain. :-( And have to go every week for awhile to get back on track.
Also I just found this year at the drug store disposable heating ( or cold) pads- you peel the back off, stick them on your sore spot and leave them on for hours of soothing heat as you work!!
I am a vegetarian and did find that I had more energy once I quit eating fatty foods --- I ( try to remember :-)) to take greens every day which has kept me from getting sick in years I think.
I am only 35 however my body has been sadly misused over the last 20 years- with lots of riding accidents ( the worse was a TB who reared straight up and then fell sideways on me permanently damaging my right leg/knee/ankle) and tough physical work in working up north in the bush and lately on my farm.;-)
I am explaining that because I don't have a very good body- if stop doing the stuff I do I start to take aspirin's.robaxacet etc... within a few weeks. However if I look after myself really well I don't have to  take any drugs for pain.
OH! Gloucosamine has been a miracle for my knee. :-)

Anyone else have any ideas on how to deal with pain or better yet, avoid it??:-)

P.S> I do have to confess that beer is my very favourite thing ( outside of horses and people) in the world. :-) I used to smoke however have whittled it down to only smoking when I drink - I don't eat french fries, or junk food so I always say smoking and drinking once a week is my "treat" .;-) Yahoo!!:-)