[RC] sprained fetlock/recovery period?? - Chrystal Woodhouse

I need some advice ( actually words of comfort :-)) for my mare. We successfully completed 75 miles 3 weeks ago and everything was fine- I gave her 7 days off and then went  out on a 12 mile trail ride at home ---when we got back I noticed her fetlock was swollen with a little bit of heat and a tiny bit off ( you had to really look). Anyway iced and poulticed for a week - had x-rays done which all came back fine so it is just soft tissue stuff. After two  weeks my mare seems fine- no lameness when trotted and flexed etc... however I have decided not to take her to the  Canadian Championships  :-( :-( ( in two weeks)even though she seems fine because I am terrified of not giving her enough time off and reinjuring . SO my question to anyone who has dealt with soft tissue sprain's and then competed again- how long before you competed again?
I am being ultra cautious , will give her another week off before starting some LIGHT riding and slowly stress the leg more and more to make sure we are o.k. to go. I really want to go to our last two 50's one in the middle of Sept and the other two weeks later- then hopefully we will be off at the end of October to do a 100.
By the middle of Sept she will be 6 weeks from the original injury date- if she stays sound with progressively harder riding by then should she be o.k.to go to a ride???
THANKS
Chrystal :-)