[RC] Arabian Bloodlines/Type - heidi larson

I personally love this discussion as I'm seeing Ash's relatives come to life!!  The names seemed familiar, so I pulled his pedigree and viola, up close and personal are some of the names mentioned here.  I would like to ask some questions regarding "type" however.  Here's a page from Dr. George Allen re: type.  He has Willomar Arabians here in Washington, strange people, nice horses that they don't do much with.  BTW, they have some very nice geldings (Ash's full brother) that they are selling VERY inexpensively.  Anyway, I think Ash is more Kuheilan in type as he definitely fits that description.  So, what "types" are desireable for endurance or are there blends of types that excell? And if you have an opinion on type and you've seen Ash, let me know what your opinion is on his "type".

 Here is the section from Dr. Allen:

Seglawi horses are of strong oriental type, having triangular heads, large expressive eyes, well shaped necks, very round body parts, and great beauty. Common examples of this model are the Raffles and Skowronek bred horses, the Naseem bred horses such as Negatiw and his offspring, and many of the horses originating from the Abbas Pasha stud.

The Kuhailan horses usually have more elongations through the head and are more angular in structure, often with more emphasis on a strong system of levers. They are often longer through the croup and hip area with some slope to the croup. Examples of this flavor are the Kuhailan Haifi horses such as Bask, to include many of his offspring, and the Priboj horses such as Pietuszok.

Horses of the Hadban flavor are horses of good size with large muscle mass, substantial bone, and a good system of levers. Their heads are expressive but often somewhat large. Examples of this flavor are some of the Crabbet horses such as Nuredinn and Berk.

The Managhi flavor horse, while not very common in America, are important to the breed as a whole. These are horses with a very strong system of levers, great angulation, longish and rather plainish heads, great stamina, and great speed. Examples of this flavor are some of the horses of the Latif sire line including Kann and Korej.

And here's a link to Ash:

If anyone has seen him at rides you might understand why the main question I'm asked is "what kind of horse is that?"  He's been a morgan, a spanish horse, paso fino, mustang, but rarely an arab!!!