Re: [RC] Arabian Bloodlines - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Heidi,

I agree with your basic premise however you are missing a key element in Polish breeding.  As far as I am aware, yes, the Polish Studs breed for race and show.  The difference being - if a foal does not display race ability they are sold on the open market without pedigree papers.  When they race they must prove themselves before they can be classified as a race horse or a show horse.  Again if they do not prove themselves they are culled and sold unpapered to the locals and the buyers are not allowed to breed them.  Now things could have changed over the last 15 years since I was involved with the Polish breeders but I have never heard of any changes in the Polish Stud practices.

D'Arcy Lynne

"A friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart and holds your heart in their hands as if it were glass!"