Re: [RC] Arabian Definition - Barbara McCrary

Early day endurance riders...Kathie Perry, Hal Hall, Marion Arnold and numerous others, know about Witez II through his son Kosciusko, Ted Jeary's excellent stallion. Ted Jeary (Hyannis Cattle Co.) bred some of the best endurance horses there were, and are. Kathie and Hal are still riding Tevis, Hal and his wife Ann on Bogus Thunder, a Kosciusko grandson, therefore a Witez II great-grandson. I'd give a lot if Ted was still breeding his wonderful horses. They were about 14.2-14.3 in general, tough, muscular, and very enduring. We had two Kosciusko grandget and one Kosciusko son. They were fine horses. Unfortunately, a lot of the Witez breeding has run out, diluted by time. Sigh.....

Barbara

----- Original Message ----- From: <neariver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Renie M burnett" <renieburnett@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Arabian Definition

I know who Witez II is as well.Unfortunately Pattons Lippazaners got all the press and the Disney movie(before my time).But we can thank Patton for also saving Witez II,Pilot and several other Arabian horses from the Nazis during WWII.
We have a broodmare,her filly,and her gelding that have that lineage along with Crabbet-Make VERY nice athletic horses who do have muscle and BIG (gasp) butts! Looking forward to them making excellent endurance horses.

-Nancy

---- Renie M burnett <renieburnett@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Right on, Karen,   The show ring horses couldn't move their way out of a
paper bag!!!  My Arabs have big muscles on their legs, butts and
shoulders.  Mostly Polish.  Watched a video of a very famous halter
stallion, it looked like his hind legs were so behind him, I thought of a
caboose.  There ARE good, athletic Arabs out there, but if you go to a
show, look at the working western horses and reiners.  They don't look
anything at all like the halter horses.
Also, I KNOW who WitezII was;  got to see several of his progeny, sons
and daughters.  I can't believe he is not remembered by anyone that has
any knowledge whatsoever of Polish horses.   renie

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:01:42 -0500 "Karen E. Franklin"