Fw: [RC] Rider Drugs - Faustina Duffy

Ummm, I'm NOT certain of this, but as *I* understand it, even in professional sports NSAIDS are NOT classed as "Performance Enhancing" medications.  Steroids which cause the body to DEVELOP in ways that it would not likely have done are "Performance Enhancing," but not NSAIDS, which still leave you with the same degree of strength that you had before...Granted, you can USE it more effectively when you don't hurt, but it is still the same muscle....Please, correct me if I'm wrong...(I'm sure you will <grin!>)

I am having a hard time figuring out how this is any different
(philosophically) from major league baseball players using steroids to
improve their batting averages...except that in endurance riding there
aren't any rules against it.