[RC] my saddle is better than yours/answer - heidi larson

well, I've bragged about my saddle before, but just can't say enough wonderful things about it, I love it!!!  It's a Free and Easy, we're in it's 4th season I believe, haven't had to replace anything, Ash gets all A's on tack and he just completed his first hard 75 in July, lots of steep ups and downs and was out over 14 hours.  His saddle also helped me as I have a bad lower back and other saddles (Wintec and a couple others) tipped me too far forward and my lower back would scream for 2 days after any length of ride.  I do use a crupper and breastcollar and a girth with elastic on both ends, I've had the saddle adjusted once and I pretty much leave it alone.  Ash is 10 now and I attribute his current endurance successes to lots of things, one being a good saddle fit.  (The others are: Ground Control shoes in front, an excellent farrier, great training areas, his polish/russian ancestors and his athleticism!)

heidi