[RC] Rider drugs - Martha C

I am learning a lot from this topic.

I suffer from chronic pain, have since 1976 when I had some industrial strength back surgery.  In fact, am heading to a new General Practitioner today to see what I can do....I have been on some sort of anti-depressant for years to help deal with pain issues.  The one part of my body that really doesn't hurt, but I am careful with it is my 4 year old knee!  This GP also does acupuncture work, so that could be an option.

I have found this with my mare Sadie..when I ride her, my pain is lessened.  Either it is her smooth gait, she is a TWH, or the mere fact that I am up in the saddle and enjoying life, that makes me hurt a bit less.  I don't take any prescription meds to deal with my pain, have been using  Chinese herbs, since December 2005 and OTC anti-inflammatory products since the Good Lord was a child.  I don't like the feel of my head, when I am on, say, Tylenol 3.

I also find that when I am really hurting, and I have been for the past two months, that merely going out and hugging Sadie, brushing her and making sure she is comfy, helps me more, must be all of her healing energy.  Horses have that wonderful ability, to heal us humans.

Hugs...Martha in Idaho