RE: [RC] painkillers and sensory perception - LaFollett, Megan

Title: Message

That’s because most over-the-counter painkillers do NOT dull your normal senses. That’s NOT how they work. Most of them interfere with various steps in the pain-sensory pathway, before the pain reaches the brain.

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alison Farrin
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:15 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] Arabian bloodlines

Hmm, how about me without pain killers is a lot harder on the horse - off balance, bouncing, compensating, than me on painkillers.  My eyes may be crossed, but I'm posting balanced <G>

Seriously, I can't do stuff like Vicodin on horseback, but I've never had Advil interfere with my sensory perception.

Alison A. Farrin