Re: [RC] Arabian bloodlines - Chris Paus

LOL, well here's something to talk about! I ride in something few other riders even know about let alone have tried. I know one other person on this list who rides in one...I think she's done LD but not endurance distances in it.

It's a Littlejoe Bareback saddle.

Here's a link to the way it looks all tricked out for trails. http://bayrab.proboards37.com/index.cgi?board=general&action="">

I've never ridden in anything so comfy ever. My knee doesn't hurt nearly as much now when I ride. My horses seem to be much happier. I've tried "traditional" treeless saddles and absolutely HATED them. But I love this. It's very secure, up and down hills. You see I dont even have a breast collar or crupper on, but my mare and I scampe up and down some pretty steep hills and the saddle doesn't slip. I've got extra stuff on it for trails. I've used it for CTRs. Haven't used it for LD or endurance yet, but the test will come this fall!

Here's a link to what they look like without all my stuff!

I use a dressage girth. The only thing I do differently with this than a traditional English saddle is use peacock stirrups. It doesn't have a stirrup bar, only rings. So if you got in a jam, the leathers could not slip off easily.  Central Region riders will see this at the fall rides.

chris

Jody Rogers-Buttram <dragnin100@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ah, Come'on people.....we HAVE to have SOMETHING to bitch about !!!  Let's see,
We have more than worn out the LD vs. endurance, the 100's are dying, the Kids are not the future of endurance, the John Crandell and the Tevis issue.....and that has happened in just the last 2 weeks.  Face it.  We have hit a major DRY SPELL.

Do you Yahoo!?